Friday 11 October 2013



                                           The next best thing 

Obviously after my last feeder got taken down I have to make a new one soon, when the bread goes I will definitely  have to make a new one and this is how I'm going to make it, (by the way I have already tested this).

1. I'm going to buy some bird seed from the shop across the road.
2. I have already got the block of  lard but you need to get some if you don't already have a block.
3.Put the lard into a frying pan and wait to it melts like butter when it's half way there and put in some of your bird seeds but only put half.
4.Now wait until all of the lard is melted while mixing the two together. 
5.Put the rest of the bird seed in and keep stirring for about five minutes.
6. Take it off the gas and put it on the side for around 20 minutes.
7.Put it into a plastic container and put it into the fridge for a day.
8. Take it out and put it wherever you would like.

1. This is what my bird new bird cake looked like in the middle of making it, it was super fun and cool! I will make sure it is a bird feeder that will be as successful as can be.





2. This is my extra feeder that I will hang with a nail onto the piece of wood and this means that nothing can go wrong unless karma bites back if something goes wrong!

 3. My finishing result in the pan was this and I mixed the lard, nuts and bird seed mix. To mix the cake I had to use a wooden spoon.  It went really hard after I put it into the fridge.



 This is the end result of my bird cake but this is only to let it set, I really need to take off the cling film and lay it sideways. on the plank of wood!  





That is how successful my bird cake became and after a few days it was going down quite a bit.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.